Tournament Open Rules
Payment and Roster
Please send payments made out to All American Baseball, 429 Duquesne Ave, Trafford PA 15085. OR pay on our website. Also, your rosters will need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We love youth baseball and all it offers!! All American reserves the right to ask people to leave based on their actions and/or verbal abuse of any All American colleague, fan, umpire, coach, and most importantly the players. IF ONE OF YOUR FANS ARE ASKED TO LEAVE BECAUSE OF THEIR BEHAVIOR, THE HEAD COACH WILL ALSO BE ASKED TO LEAVE, NO SECOND CHANCES!! This is a no tolerance policy.
There will be no alcohol permitted during any of our tournaments.
We are using April 30th as our age cutoff date per age group.
Penalty for Violation of using a banned bat: Player and Head Coach immediate Ejection
8U-13U All Bats -5 or greater must be stamped BPF 1.15 USSA or USA Baseball. No restrictions on bat size or length as long as it has “BPF 1.15” stamped on it.
14U BBCOR only
- DeMarini 2017 CF Zen Balanced (-8) (29/21, 30/22, 31/23, 32/24)
- DeMarini 2017 CF Zen SL 2 3/4" (-10) (28/18, 29/19, 30/20, 31/21, 32/22)
- DeMarini 2017 CF Zen Zero Dark 2 3/4" (-10) (29/19, 30/20)
- DeMarini Custom 2017 CF Zen 2 3/4" (-10)
- DeMarini Custom 2017 CF Zen Balanced (-8)
- Dirty South Kamo BB KA (-8) (30/22, 31/21, 32/22, 31/23, 32/24 only)
- Easton Ghost X (30/20 only)
- Marucci Cat5 MCB2 33/30 BBCOR
- Nike BT0636 CX2
- 9U - 10U, 3 innings per game
- 11U - 12U 4 innings per game
- 13U - 14U 5 innings per game
One pitch does constitute one inning pitched.
We do suggest using Pitch Smart for safe pitching standards for your players.
There are no balk warnings. A fake to 3rd, throw to 1st, is a balk!!
Coach must notify the home plate umpire and the hitter will be granted 1st base.
9U-10U 65' Bases, 46' Pitching Mound
11-12U 70' Bases, 50' Pitching Mound
13U 80' Bases, 54' Pitching Mound
14U 90' Bases, 60' 6' Pitching Mound
Time Limit, Game Length, Official Game
All ages no new inning after 1 hr 45 minutes, except championship which will be played to entirety
Once an inning is started, it will be played to completion unless weather, darkness, etc.
ONLY Semi-Final and Championship games will not have a time limit. Played to completion.
Pool play games CAN end in a tie.
On championship day if the game is tied at either time limit or game completion, extra inning will go to California Rules to complete. Each team will the start the inning with their last batted out on 2nd base and the batters will have a 0-0 count. Each inning will start this way until the tie is broken.
Official Games are complete after the completion of the 1st Inning. If a game is called due to darkness, weather, etc., and it is in the middle of an inning, then the game will revert back to the score from the previous inning. It is up to the tournament director if the games are to be restarted, or rescheduled.
- 20 after 1
- 15 after 2
- 12 after 3
- 10 after 4
- 8 after 5
- Head to Head (only if two teams are tied)
- Fewest Runs Allowed
- Runs Scored
- Coin Flip
- There will be no re-seeding in playoff brackets
Slide and Contact Rule
In the event of a close play the runner must avoid contact. If the Umpire determines that the Player slid to intentionally to make contact then that player is out. All contact rule plays are the umpire's judgement and not arguable.
Each team will provide one new baseball to the umpire at the start of the game.
- 8-12U Molded spikes only
- 13U & 14U, molded, metal, or turf shoes ok, no metal spikes on portable mounds. If a player has metal spikes on our portable mound, that team will immediately forfeit.
All American reserves the right to alter, change, or abbreviate Tournament Formats when necessary, mainly due to weather conditions
Courtesy Runners will only be granted for the pitcher or catcher at any time.
Specific Division Rules
All divisions will play leading and steals.
No head first slides will be permitted unless it is back to the base at all ages!!
Players must be there within 15 minutes of the start of the game to be eligible to play in that game.
Injured players- If a player is injured during the game his position in the batting order will be skipped and the team will not have to take an out. A team must have at least 8 players to finish a game.
In pool play or round robin, home team will be determined by a coin flip. In Championship rounds, higher seed will be considered the home team.
Home team scorebook will be considered the official score book.
- We will do everything within our power to get as many games in as we can, yet, Mother Nature sometimes does not look kindly on baseball tournaments
- 0 games played: Entry fee minus a $50 administration fee
- 1 game played: 50% Refund
- 2 games played: No Refund